When I was trying to install SQL 2008 on Windows Server 2012, I ran into this error. Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created This error seems to have many fixes. But this was the only one that seemed to work for me.
1. In the Installation Disc you will find a folder, x86 and x64
2. Select as per your OS and go inside the folder
3. Click on the LandingPage.exe
4. It will show the page, in that click on the second Option on the left hand menu "Installation"
5. Click on "Start Standalone installation from the menu at the right side
6. It will ask for the location files on the disc
7. Show the location, e.g.<Your Disc Drive>/SQL Server Enterprise 2008/x86